Saturday 30 August 2008

22/8 PNE

Today we went to the PNE. Which is a huge countty fair that last the month of august every year.

We went to a Drug store to get our tickets, which gave us a nice discount of entry fee. It took us about an hour to get to the PNE from cloverdale, and we were amazed at how big it was!

Sally, Stef and I went round together, and we stopped at the CTV (Canadian TV) news stand, where Sally and I were super imposed onto a scene from LOST. We saw the wooden roller coaster from the other side of the park so we headed there.

This roller coaster is world renowned and often seen in the worlds 10 best coasters. Me being the scared of heights chicken shit I'am passed on the offer of going on it. So I let Sally and Stef get abused by the coaster. Sally came off pretty shooken up, and Stef had grazes on his knee's where the G's were throwing him around the seat. We headed to three other rides.

The last ride we went on was the best i've ver been on. You sit in a pod, and it sits on an arm that goes up and down and spins. The pod sally and I were in kept spinning even though the ride stopped. I got off and nearly fell over because I was so dizzy.

We thought it was about time to grab some food so we headed to the food strip. Every kind of food you could imagine from Scones to Burgers and Kebab's to Pizza. Sally had a burger, Stef had spaghetti and I had a corn dog.

We wlaked around all the stall's and Sally had a cartoon drawing done, which was really good.

At about 3pm we headed to watch the Lumber jack show which was really good. Some of the stuff they do is amazing, after this we headed to watch the IAM's Super dogs in action. This was fairly similar to crufts back at home but with neons lights and strobe affects.

We met up with the others at 5pm, where I saw a Monster Truck doing passenger rides. I thought "I HAVE TO DO THAT", so Stef and I jumped in the back of this Monster Truck (Chevy 5.8L V8 with Ford F250 Body) and got thrown all over the place, it was amazing!

At this time we were all ready to go home, so we headed off home where Sally fell asleep in the car.

No comments: