Monday 18 August 2008

We made it

Well I'm writing this from the office of my mums cousin in Surrey, Vancouver. It's now 9:52 and just had breakfast, real waffles with plenty of maple syrup.

Yesterday (Sunday 17th Aug) we left Gatwick airport at 11:40 on the dot, with Thomas Cook airlines. After a 10 hour long flight we arrived in Vancouver airport 20mins ahead of schedule. It was Sally's first flight and she was very brave. She says we have to fly more often! only if she pays :D

Now Vancouver airport is roughly 3 times bigger then Heathrow, it's amazing. All the customs staff are in stab vests, and are very polite. Not like our English (Polish) counterparts.

We were greeted by my mums Uncle and Auntie (Pat and Daph) and here cousin Debs (who were staying with).

My first impression of Canada was "when can I move in?". Everything is clean and tidy, the roads are so big and open but looked after so well! No potholes or speed bumps it's heaven for my skyline!

Were staying 15mins drive from Vancouver city centre, and spotted a few nice cars on the way, from a 2008 Dodge Challenger to a Nissan R35 GTR!

Hope everyone back home's all well, and will keep this updated as and when I can.

Jas

1 comment:

Flyingpops said...

Glad you got there OK and Sal survived her flight!

We'll be wathcing for further updates...

Net & Fink x